The survey of 2,000 European marketing students conducted by the MediaSchool Group was titled “Next Generation of Marcoms.” Maurice Lévy, the chairman and CEO of Publicis Groupe, described the data as “fascinating” and added that the survey results should serve as a warning to avoid becoming complacent about social media and digital communication.
Here are some of the key findings from the survey:
- More than 80% of students surveyed thought agencies that focus entirely on social media and digital marketing will disappear within 10 years – believing social media will turn into a communication channel for all marketers.
- 70% believed that content marketing and public relations thinking will soon dominate the marketing field.
- Corporate social responsibility will become increasingly important. 86% of students surveyed want to work for organizations that place as much value on doing work that contributes to social good as creating a profitable brand image.
- The most important social media channel, according to the students? Facebook.
- The most admired communication campaign of the last year? Red Bull Stratos.
Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40] is one of the world's leading communications groups. We offer the full range of services and skills: digital (DigitasLBi, Razorfish, Rosetta, VivaKi), creative services (BBH, Leo Burnett, Publicis Worldwide, Saatchi & Saatchi), public affairs, corporate communications and events (MSLGROUP), media strategy, planning and buying (Starcom MediaVest Group and ZenithOptimedia) and healthcare communications, with Publicis Healthcare Communications Group (PHCG). Present in 108 countries, the Groupe employs 58,000 professionals.
The MediaSchool Group (MSG) is one of Europe's foremost business schools specializing in the marketing communications. For more than 30 years it has taught advertising, marketing, design, PR, journalism and more recently digital communications in faculties in France, Belgium, the UK and Spain. Graduates from the MSG work in management positions in marketing agencies and in-house positions around the world.